Please note that if you should choose to side-load the VyprVPN app onto your Fire TV device, you will be required to download and use a 3rd-party app. Side-loading apps onto your Fire TV device is 100% at your own risk. Should you choose to proceed with side-loading VyprVPN, there are several different methods, for which instructions to follow can be found online. We encourage you to carefully evaluate the source of any instructions you may find, as well as if the method is reliable and can be easily followed by yourself.
While our team cannot provide you with specific instructions on how to side-load VyprVPN nor offer you assistance with the side-loading process due to the requirement of a 3rd-party app, below you will find instructions for 2 different methods that members of our team followed and successfully side-loaded VyprVPN onto their Amazon Fire TV devices. Again, note that we can not guarantee that either of these methods will be successful for you and are not responsible for any outcome of following either set of instructions.
Preparing Your Amazon Fire TV Device
Before you begin the side-loading process, you first need to prepare your Amazon Fire TV device for side-loading apps. Amazon does not enable these settings by default, preventing users from side-loading apps onto their device.
- Open the Settings menu on your Amazon Fire TV device.
- Open Device & Software (May be called Device only or My Fire TV, depending on your device).
- Open Developer Options.
- Turn on both ADB debugging and Apps from Unknown Sources.
- When prompted if you want to run apps from unknown sources, select Turn On.
Side-loading With An Android Phone Using App2Fire
If VyprVPN is installed on your Android phone, you can use a 3rd-party app called App2Fire to side-load VyprVPN directly from your phone onto your Amazon Fire TV device.
- Download and install Apps2Fire on your Android phone.
- From within the Apps2Fire app, tap the 3 vertical dots in the upper right to open the menu.
- Tap Setup.
- Enter the IP address of your Amazon Fire TV device.
*You can find your device's IP address by navigating to Settings > Device & Software > Network on your device.
- Tap Save.
- Tap Local Apps.
- Find and tap VyprVPN in the list.
- Tap Install.
- On your Amazon Fire TV device, you will be prompted to allow. Select OK.
- Back on your phone, tap OK.
Side-loading On Your Amazon Fire TV Device Using Downloader
- Download and install Downloader on your Amazon Fire TV device.
- From within the Downloader app, select Browser in the left-side menu.
- Enter the below URL in the web address field.
- Select Go.
- Once the download is complete, select Install.
If you need any further assistance, please contact our 24/7 Customer Success Team, who would be glad to assist.