The concern of using Instagram (and several other Social Media outlets) is the question of privacy. In the interest of privacy, the issue is with companies taking your private data including IP location, internet activity among other things and use it for extra monetary gain or even surveillance and censorship. To address these concerns, there is essentially a hardware and software approach. In the context of this article, hardware refers to the technology available and software refers to individual choices and actions you can take to protect your privacy.
Talking hardware, VyprVPN is built to protect your privacy, so you can use Instagram safely.
- Our servers are proprietary: We're not beholden to the security of servers maintained by a third-party company.
- No Logs: Because we own and maintain our own servers, it made it possible for us to be a fully vetted no-logs VPN provider.
- VyprDNS: Your public displayed IP does not show as a VPN IP. Neither your private IP address or the fact you're using a VPN will be seen online!
Those are the benefits of using the "hardware" solution provided by VyprVPN. It is essential, but let us also consider the "software" that goes along with it. Instagram is a social media platform. That means that your conduct and what you post is widely visible. To protect your privacy while using social networks, you can also do the following:
- Think before you share: Information shared on social media is publicly visible, so remember it is visible to a large number of people.
- Adjust your privacy settings: Set your privacy settings within applications to control how your information is shared and what is kept private.
If you need any further assistance, please contact our 24/7 Customer Success Team, who would be glad to assist.